BOOKING DATES NOW FOR PERFORMANCE, HOSTING & APPEARANCES……
Grammy Award Winning Artist Mýa, is celebrating 16 years in the entertainment industry as an internationally known, respected singer, songwriter, producer, dancer/choreographer, designer, actress, activist and philanthropist.
Washington, D.C.- native Mýa released her self-titled, double platinum, debut album, Mýa, in 1998. The album launched the then 18-year-old Mýa into the fabric of pop-culture. Mýafeatured the massively successful singles “It’s All About Me,” “Movin On” and “My First Night With You” “Ghetto Superstar” & “Take Me There.” In 2000, Mýa released her second double platinum album, Fear of Flying, featuring the hits “Case of the Ex”, “Free” and “Best of Me.” In May 2001, Mýa collaborated with Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, P!nk and Missy Elliot on a remake of LaBelle’s “Lady Marmalade”, which is featured in Baz Luhrman’s “Moulin Rouge.” Selling over 5.5 million copies, it became the most successful airplay-only single in history and won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration and went on to collect numerous awards. In 2003, Mýa released her third studio album, the critically acclaimed, “Moodring”, featuring the hit singles including “My Love Is Like Wo” “Fallen” and the club circuit favorite, “Whatever Bitch.” “Moodring” also featured “Everything or Nothing”, the theme song for the 2004 video gameJames Bond 007: Everything or Nothing in which Mýa was featured as a Bond Girl, and “Real Compared to What” the 2003 Coca-Cola theme song, for whom Mýa was a spokesperson.
In 2007, due to her label Motown’s accidental leak of her 4th studio project “Liberation,” Mya made the decision to part ways with Motown/Universal and began her own independent label Planet 9, in which she executive produced, self engineered, self funded & released 5 different compilations. “Sugar & Spice” 2008 (Japan), “The Perfect Edition” double disc 2009 (Japan), the first R&B/Hip Hop mixtape titled “Beauty & the Streets” Vol 1 in 2010, and in her 7th studio project “K.I.S.S.” (Keep It Sexy & Simple) in Japan in 2011. In 2012, Mya released the world version of “K.I.S.S”., featuring “Fabulous Life”, which was used in the national #FashionByBravo ad campaign on Bravo/NBCUniversal.
In 2013, Mya independently manufactured the limited Mint of K.I.S.S. for fans, and in 2014, Mya has begun releasing a series of EP’s. The first EP titled “With Love” was released February 14th, Valentine’s Day marking the 16th anniversary of her first single “It’s All About Me” February 14th, 1998. On April 21st, Mya releases the “Sweet XVI” EP marking the 16th anniversary of her self-titled, debut album Mya on April 21st, 1998. Mya speaks “I have recorded hundreds of songs in what appears to be a hiatus to some, so I’m digging into my archive & independently assembling seasonal appetizers before the main course for my fans who are simply hungry for music from me.”
In addition to becoming a finalist on “Dancing with the Stars” Season 9, her further work in television can be found on “NCIS”, “1-800-Missing” (Canada), “Haunted” and “Sister Sister.” Her filmography includes the world renowned “Chicago”, for which she won a Screen Actors Guild Award, “Shall We Dance”, “Havana Nights: Dirty Dancing II”, “In Too Deep”, “Heart Specialist”, “Cursed”, “Penthouse”, “Love for Sale”, “Metrosexual” and voiceovers for the MTV animated film “Mountain High.”
As a philanthropist, Mýa continues to devote her time and resources to various causes. From 1998 to 2001, she became the spokesperson for Secret to Self Esteem. In 2005, Mýa founded TMATF: The Mýa Arts & Tech Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing disadvantaged youth growth and opportunity through arts & technology education, in which she serves as both executive director and teacher. Mýa is also an advocate of breast cancer as her mother is a 16-year survivor. She’s collaborated with the Lifetime Television Network in the Stop Breast Cancer for Life campaign, recording “My Bra” a song sold on iTunes donating 100% of proceeds to breast cancer research, participated in numerous Revlon Run/ Walks & Susan G. Komen & Habitat for Humanity charitable events. In 2007, from the Global AIDS fight, to aiding homeless LGBT youth via Skool’d, to advocating equality with the NOH8 campaign, Mya also ran the 26.2 mile NYC ING Marathon to raise funds for the world’s largest no-kill animal shelter & organization, North Shore Animal League America in 2011. Most recently, Mýa partnered with the Human Rights Campaign for their #LoveConquersHate campaign and currently serves as celebrity ambassador for Africare addressing health, economic development, women’s empowerment & youth engagement.
Mýa recently completed her first sci-fi film with Linda Hamilton in Los Angeles, CA & is currently in the recording studio producing her 9th studio project.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
– Lady of Soul nomination for Best Music Video (“Movin’ On”)
– Soul Train Music Award nomination for Best R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist
– Soul Train Music Award nomination for Best R&B/Soul Album – Female (Mya)
– NAACP Image Award nomination for Outstanding New Artist
– Grammy Award nomination for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group (“Ghetto Superstar”)
– Soul Train Music Award nomination for Best R&B/Soul Album – Female (Fear of Flying)
– Billboard Video Award win (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MTV Video Music Award win for Best Video of the Year (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MTV Video Music Award win for Best Video from a Film (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MTV Video Music Award nomination for Best Dance Video (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MTV Video Music Award nomination for Best Pop Video (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MTV Video Music Award nomination for Best Choreography (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MTV Video Music Award nomination for Best Art Direction (“Lady Marmalade”)
– VH1 Music Awards win for Is It Hot In Here Or Is It Just My Video (“Lady Marmalade”)
– VH1 Music Awards win for My Favorite Video (“Lady Marmalade”)
– Radio Music Awards win for Song of the Year Top 40 Pop Radio (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MOBO nomination for Best Album (Fear of Flying)
– Teen Choice Awards win for Choice Song Of The Summer (“Lady Marmalade”)
– TMF Awards-Belgium win for Best Video of the Year (“Lady Marmalade”)
– TMF Awards-Netherlands win for Best Video of the Year (“Lady Marmalade”)
– ALMA Awards win for Outstanding Song In A Motion Picture Soundtrack (“Lady Marmalade”)
– ASCAP Pop Music Awards win (“Lady Marmalade”)
– BMI Award win (“Lady Marmalade”)
– Channel Thailand Music Video Awards win (“Lady Marmalade”)
– Grammy Award win for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MTV Japan Video Music Award win (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MVPA Video Award win for Best Styling In A Video (“Lady Marmalade”)
– MTV Video Music Award nomination for Best Dance Video (“My Love is Like..Wo”)
– MTV Video Music Award nomination for Best Choreography in a Video (“My Love is Like..Wo”)
– Screen Actors Guild Award win for Outstanding Performance by the Cast of a Theatrical Motion Picture (“Chicago”)
– Phoenix Film Critics Society Award nomination for Best Acting Ensemble (“Chicago”).
– Broadcast Film Critics Association Award win for Best Acting Ensemble (“Chicago”).
– MTV Movie Award nomination for Best Frightened Performance (“Cursed”).
– 11th Annual Palm Beach International Film Festival win for Cross Over Award (from singer to actress)